Buying insurance doesn't have to be complicated, but there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Think carefully about your situation to identify what risks you need to insure against.
- Review your insurance needs after major life events such as starting a family.
- When you shop around, compare both coverage and price.
- If you deal with an insurance agent or broker, find out about their qualifications.
- Before signing, read the policy carefully to make sure you understand what is and is not covered.
There's more to buying insurance than just getting the lowest premium. Read more about buying insurance and how to make sure you get the right insurance for your situation.
Other types of insurance