Internal Audit Report on Corporate Planning Framework
Objectives and Scope
Audit objectives 1
The objective of the audit is to:
- Review the corporate planning framework with respect to governance & accountability, objective setting, operating environment, risk management, planning processes and communications and its integration with other oversight / management functions; and
- Identify potential areas for improvement in planning, if any.
The audit covered the corporate planning framework for the 2008/09 planning period and improvements for the 2009/10 planning period. The audit focused on the management of the planning activities and processes (phases), and the integration of corporate planning with other management functions such as management oversight, performance & management reporting, and risk management and business Activity plans.
Matters outside of the scope of this audit were:
- A review of the unit activities and their detailed plans with respect to their content, except with respect to their use in corporate planning;
- An assessment of the degree to which the planning framework is applied; and
- An assessment whether an informed reader would be able to follow the facts, analysis and judgements through to conclusions and decisions made, as would occur in an audit as opposed to a review.